Some courses will not be offered this year at KCHS, including AP Environmental Science, AP Calculus, Intro to Engineering, Principles of Engineering, Military Science and Speech and Debate. Forensic Science and Human Anatomy will be for seniors only. If you did not get a certain class, that could be a reason.
Our Ag classes are extremely full. If you requested an Ag class and did not receive it we are unable to give you the class. It was necessary to move many students to regular science or their back up electives because of lack of space in Ag classes.
Also, reminder, there are only a few reasons why you can have a schedule change at this time. It is too late for all requests. The following are unacceptable reasons for a schedule change.
- Cannot drop a class because “I don’t need the class to graduate”
- Cannot drop a class to repeat a course you have already passed with a C or better.
- Cannot switch the period that you have a class.
- Cannot change the class because you don’t like the teacher.
- Cannot change the class because you decide you don't want to take it anymore.
- Cannot drop a class because you did not select any alternate electives but do not like the classes you got.
Schedule changes will only happen if there is an error in your schedule, such as being placed in the wrong level class, being placed in a class you already passed with a "C" or better, if you are not in a graduation required class or not in enough classes.
If a schedule change is granted, your new schedule will be emailed to you. Schedule change requests will not be reviewed until July 30th, but even after that date it may take several days to hear back. If you don't hear back before the first day of school, it is likely your change was NOT granted.
For updates related to Covid-19, please click the title on the right or click here.
Mr. Martin, Grades 9 and 11; English Learners email@example.com
Ms. Cawley, Grades 10 and 12; Special Education firstname.lastname@example.org
The King City High School Counseling Department provides academic, college, career, personal and social guidance to all students. Throughout the academic year, we provide activities in group and one-on-one settings to engage students within their personal success path. We believe at KCHS that a student's success comes from preparation, goal setting and personal growth.
Intervention services for At-Risk KCHS students include:
- School Attendance Review/ Truancy conferences with our Parent involvement Coordinator
- Home visits
- 504 plans
- Bilingual staff for Spanish speaking students and families
- ELD support program
- After school tutoring from the UCSC (grade 9) and CSUMB (grade 12) Gear Up team as well as KCHS tutoring for all students
- College preparation and exposure workshops
- Pre-registration workshops
- Grade Level Intervention Meetings
- Parent conferences
- Parent Intervention workshops for At-risk students
- Parent development workshops